What We Do
CanDo provides a safe, stimulating learning environment for children aged 3 months to 5 years old.
Every child, we believe, is unique and special. Our qualified and experienced staff understands each child’s unique needs and provides an enriching environment that allows each child to thrive and blossom while in our care.
For children, the program provides integrated, structured, and individualized full-day classes. In a language and literacy-rich environment, the emphasis is on learning through play.
We are pleased to announce that the Canadian curriculum unit is now available as structured lesson plans.
Our Early Learning students participate in daily academic activities, unstructured playtime, and are exposed to Music, Physical Education, Library, Outdoor Education, Art, and Drama specialists to help them discover and develop their interests, passions, and creativity.
Our philosophy is based on positive, caring relationships built on trust and respect.
At CanDo Nursery, we have a clear vision: to provide a safe, happy, caring, secure, and stimulating environment for your child, allowing all children to develop their capabilities as successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens, and effective contributors to society.
At CanDo Nursery, we have a clear understanding of our values:
- HAPPINESS AND WELLBEING – demonstrating kindness
- ENGAGEMENT – the quality of being involved, responsive, interested, and interesting.
- RESPECT – fostering a culture of inclusion, diversity, equality, fairness, and opportunity
- COMMUNICATION entails being authentic, open, honest, and sincere.
- ACHIEVEMENT means doing the right thing even when no one else is looking. INTEGRITY means doing the right thing even when no one else is looking.
- PARTNERSHIP AND CARE – reflecting on and learning from parents as partners, as well as developing strong nurturing relationships
- CHALLENGING – putting ourselves and others to the test, refusing to accept the status quo
- EXCELLENCE COMMITMENT – Developing skills for learning, life, and work
We believe that every day is a learning day and that learning is all around us at CanDo. In addition to being a learning environment, we take pride in ensuring that all children arrive in a loving, caring environment where they are valued and listened to. We also involve children and parents in our efforts to constantly improve.
At CanDo Nursery, our goals are as follows: to provide a safe, happy, caring, stimulating, and secure environment for our children in which everyone feels valued, included, and respected; to engage our children in the highest-quality teaching and learning and to maximize success for all; to create a nursery that feels like home and to provide an extended family environment; and to develop a shared vision for the future of our children.
To make a difference in the lives of the children and families we work with by creating a nursery that feels like home, complete with an extended and supportive family environment.
- EFFECTIVE LEARNING AND TEACHING: We strive to engage our children in the highest quality learning by creating an environment that is: stimulating safe secure happy purposeful motivating interactive relevant enjoyable active meaningful meets the needs of all.
- OUTCOMES AND SUCCESS: We strive to focus on outcomes and maximize success for all children by: exploring new ideas and technologies supplying high-quality resource establishing learning objectives and providing appropriate feedback
- A SHARED VISION: We strive to create a shared vision for all by promoting fairness, justice, and equality of opportunity; involving the entire community in the nursery’s life; and developing and sharing the Nursery Improvement Plan, Standards, and Quality Report with all parents and stakeholders.
- HIGH QUALITY LEADERSHIP: We strive to cultivate high-quality leadership at all levels by promoting a shared vision, values, and goals.
- PARTNERSHIP WORKING: We hope to collaborate with other agencies and our community to: build confidence and self-esteem in staff and children; and involve staff and children in the larger community.
- PARENTS AS PARTNERS: We hope to improve learning by sharing information and promoting an open door policy with parents.